Friday, February 7, 2014

Week 4


It’s my birthday month! WHOO HOO! As the semester continues on, it becomes even harder to attend class in this awfully cold weather. Once the weather warms up I believe school will not be as miserable. I dread walking to and from classes in the blistering cold wind. To make it worse all this rain we have been having. I really need to invest in a pair of hunter rain boots. However, I cannot bring myself to spend $145 on rain boots. I cannot wait until the weather is a warm seventy-five. Now I will discuss another lovely week at Richard Bland College. Week four of Sweeney’s English 102 class was used to catch up on discussions, brainstorming, taking time to blog in class and looking at Sweeney’s adorable children.

On Monday the third, we did an in class activity on the two stories the class read. The two stories were “A Good Man Is Hard to Find” by Flannery O’Connor and “The Cask of Amontillado” by Edgar Allan Poe. The class split into two groups. Each group had a different story. Each group then answered questions about their stories and then discussed their answers with the other group. Then on Wednesday the fifth we brainstormed for our upcoming paper. The paper is about comparing ourselves to a character in a story we had read. Last of Friday the seventh we worked on our blogs and look at Sweeney’s precious kids. His baby girl is the cutest.

Thank goodness another week is done. I continue to count down the days to spring break! J

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday month Danielle! I am one-hundred percent with you on hating this cold weather. I can not stand going anywhere in it. When i read about the Hunter rain boots I had a fit because I also want them terribly bad. I want those and or Duck Boots. Another thing is I also loved looking at Sweeney's kids today! They were so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids are adorable, thank you very much. (This is Sweeney)

    ReplyDelete