Friday, February 14, 2014

Week 5

Happy Valentines Day Everyone! I love Valentines Day because two days later it is my birthday. I will finally be the big eighteen. I will thoroughly enjoy not having a curfew, being able to buy lottery tickets, club and vote. I am upset about my birthday is on a Sunday though, because a lot of these activities will have to wait. Well during this week of Sweeney’s English 102 was quite unsuccessful.  Monday, February 10th,  class was canceled due to Sweeney having a sinus infection. I did enjoy going home after biology. Then on Wednesday, the only day we actually had class, the class got into groups to look over our rough drafts. Within each group, each person had to read aloud his or her story while others in the group wrote down their initial thoughts about the piece. Then each person in the group looked over someone else’s paper for grammatical errors. Later on Wednesday night is when the snow began. I was overcome with happiness when I found out Richard Bland would be closed on Thursday. Though I was upset on Thursday when it rained all day because I could not play in the snow. However all that sadness went away when it turned to snow. Within an hour of heavy snow, Richard Bland closed school for Friday. So therefore Sweeney’s class could not meet Friday. I am super happy about having a four day weekend. What a great birthday present! Thank you Richard Bland! J

3 comments:

  1. I hope you had a very Happy Birthday! I also agree that the snow was great and that classes being cancelled was a blessing...and quite a surprise. I feel that class Wednesday was not as productive as it could have been but at least we had class. Maybe next week will be more productive !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I was so glad class was cancelled also. I only wished we had President's Day off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Late Valentine's Day and Birthday! Turning the big 18 is always a great milestone so I hope it went well and hopefully you got to go out this past weekend to finally celebrate. I don't know if you're from here or not, but I usually go to Richmond when I go out and it's so much fun and better than Petersburg! I know that Sweeney's class is cancelled today but for some reason it never gets cancelled when I have class (of course). We have also been revising our papers. But we are supposed to get a snow day this Wednesday so hopefully that means both of our classes will be cancelled. It would be nice to have an extra long weekend again.

    ReplyDelete