Sunday, March 2, 2014

Week 7

Week seven of Sweeney’s class was a short week, due to Sweeney canceling class on Monday due to a stomach bug. I, however, was not complaining when I found this out Monday morning. Instead of going to English class, I came home and completed a lot of homework. This made me a lot less stressed. This week and next is particularly stressful due to a total of five tests, a paper and human sexuality packet all due within these two weeks. When hump day rolled around, Sweeney’s 102 English class finished watching the Glass Menagerie. During this Sweeney fell asleep. This made for some funny pictures that just had to be posted of a social media sites. However, I cannot blame Sweeney for falling asleep because the movie was not very interesting. I, myself, had a hard time paying attention. Therefore I am going to watch it again on Netflix before the rough draft is due. Finally it was Friday on this stressful week. The whole class defiantly had a Friday attitude.  Sweeney wanted to count us off into groups then play jeopardy with questions from Glass Menagerie. Counted off into groups took quite some time because the majority of the class feels like we are being babied when counted off into groups. I feel as if we are college students, we can get into groups ourselves. In four year universities the professor does not put his or her students into groups. If RBC's goal is to prepare students for four year universities, then we should not be counted off into groups. Professors should put trust in their students to put themselves into groups they will work well with. After the struggle of being put into groups, the class answered the jeopardy questions. Sweeney’s anger continued to grow throughout the class because it was obvious that no one had been reading the story. He finally just gave up and told everyone to leave. I love Sweeney’s class, but maybe if he did not baby us as much the class would be more willing to participate.

1 comment:

  1. Having attended college for six years (undergraduate and graduate school) at a "four-year" university, and having taught at a four-year university, I can tell you that being counted off into groups is pretty normal. I could just stand at the front and lecture the whole time, but I prefer to be more interactive ... for now.

    ReplyDelete