Friday, March 21, 2014

Week 10


The week after spring break is always a struggle. Going back to school after having a week off is very difficult. Plus Monday was a rainy dreary day. On and off all day it went between rain and freezing rain. It was such a crappy day; I could not make myself get out of bed. So instead I spent the day recovering from spring break and cuddling in bed. Sadly it continued to rain all the way through Wednesday. So on Wednesday it was still very difficult to get up, but this time I forced myself to. However, I did get some lovely Star Bucks with Cate to help me get through the day. When the time rolled around for Sweeney’s class, I was surprisingly pretty awake. That day we had to read “The Rape of the Lock” by Alexander Pope. At the beginning of class we discussed the elements of poetry and wrote them in a huge list of the board. After discussing these factors of poetry, the class got into five different groups. This time we were actually allowed to pick our groups and it went a lot smoother than normal. Once in our individual groups, each group was handed a work sheet with five questions. Each group got to pick one questioned they wanted to do. After answering our individual question, we shared our answers with the class. I believe the class went very smoothly. That was the end of the week for English, because of Friday Swenney canceled class. I thank him for allowing me to start my weekend early. 

No comments:

Post a Comment